Take Time With God #89 – When will God bless your giving?
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak [a]from want, for I have learned to be [b]content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. 13 I can do all things [c]through Him whostrengthens me. 14 Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction.
15 You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the [d]first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone; 16 for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs. 17 Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the[e]profit which increases to your account. 18 But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am [f]amply supplied, having received fromEpaphroditus [g]what you have sent, [h]a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply [i]all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father bethe glory [j]forever and ever. Amen.
23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
- Philippians 4:11 Lit according to
- Philippians 4:11 Or self-sufficient
- Philippians 4:13 Lit in
- Philippians 4:15 Lit beginning of
- Philippians 4:17 Lit fruit
- Philippians 4:18 Lit made full
- Philippians 4:18 Lit the things from you
- Philippians 4:18 Lit an odor of fragrance
- Philippians 4:19 Or every need of yours
- Philippians 4:20 Lit to the ages of the ages
- Philippians 4:21 Or holy one
- Philippians 4:22 V 21, note 1
Take Time With God #89 -When will God bless your giving?